Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Full One

So I talked about my 2 half siblings, so it's only fair I make a blog about my full one. My sister is 3 1/2 years older than me. We are polar opposites! I mean entirely.

She is tall and really thin, like Ally McBeal skinny. I am shorter and average weight. Our hair is both dark brown (mine is darker) but our faces are not alike (at least I don't think so). She was a ballerina growing up, I was into sports (gymnastics, softball and swimming). She is VERY clean. I am VERY messy. She is OCD - to the tee. Everything in it's place, everything dusted, beds made, etc. I am polar opposite of that. I HATE order. I HATE routine and rules. My house is messy cuz I don't like to clean. Don't get me wrong, I love a clean house and wish it would stay that way, but with myself, my hubby, 3 kids and a dog, it doesn't stay clean for long, and I'm not about to spend all day every day keeping it orderly when I would rather play with my kids, watch tv, or just SIT on the couch :)

And, I don't really understand how we can be so opposite when we both had the same exact upbringing. My mom is a pack rat so I got that from her. But I'm even messier than she was. My sister's room was always clean. She obsessed about her room but knew the rest of the house was a lost cause, except for ONE chair. The ONE chair in the living room had to have a STRAIGHT blanket on it and I would mess up that blanket just to bug her, almost every day. HA!

Before we all (my friends, my sister and I) had kids, we would go to parties at each other's houses on the weekends. We all loved going to my sister's house because we could mess with her. She had a bench in the front area of her home and she would measure it out by straightness by placing 2 fingers between the bench and the wall on either side. So we would always bring it out just slightly on one side. We would turn her ballerina nicknacks around on the shelf so some were facing the back or the side. We would tilt pictures on the wall or tilt pillows on her couch. Then, the game was to see how long she noticed everything we had done. It never took more than 5 minutes. CRAZY! One time at Christmas time she had a big party and there was a Christmas tree with TONS of presents underneath it. My friend came over and placed a tiny gift in the pile (it was not bigger than 3 inches). A few minutes later my sister came into the room and said, "Oh, who brought me a present?" JUST INSANE I TELL YOU!

So, yeah, that is my sister in a nutshell. She is very OCD and orderly. She is a different mom than me too. Her kids are never dirty and pick up their toys every night. They like coming to my house and they love eating on my bed because at home they are only allowed to eat at the table. It's funny to me. My nephew will say to people, "My Auntie Cris, she has NO rules!" HAHAHA!

I guess I figure life is too short to worry about the small stuff. So...come over, eat on my bed and get crumbs all over, I couldn't care less! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment